'Tis the time of year to bring good cheer!
Please join the Sunbury/Big Walnut Area Chamber of Commerce and its members as we celebrate "CHRISTMAS ON THE SQUARE 2018."
4:00 - 8pm - Square businesses host Holiday Open Houses throughout the evening
4:30 - 8pm - Craft & Gift Fair in the meeting room of the Chamber office. Register early. Space is limited! Click link below for entry form to print & mail, call the Chamber office @ 740-965-2860 or register online.
craft & gift fair registration 2018
5:00 pm - Lighted Christmas Parade Lineup takes place on Burrer Drive. All parade entries are encouraged to have lights on and throughout their display as the parade kicks off after dark, at 5:30 p.m.
* Parade entries will be taken up until the parade kicks off, but we encourage you to turn your entry in early so that the announcer has time to prepare a script.
* For an entry/liability form, click below & print, call (740-965-2860), stop in to the Chamber office on the Square or register online.
lighted parade entry form
5:30 pm - The night's festivities kick into full gear with the "Lighted" Parade. The parade will kick off from Burrer Drive by the Community Library, head up State Route 37 (or Cherry Street), turn right on Vernon, right on Granville, and back to Burrer Drive.
* All other festivities will take place on the Scenic Sunbury Square!
* 3rd annual Cookie & Candy Contest sponsored by Forman Realtors, with proceeds going to Friends Who Share. To begin at 6:30pm after the parade. Click the link below for a printable entry form and more info!
(link not yet available)
* Sunbury Lions Club hosting their Annual Christmas Tree Sale on the Square to benefit Big Walnut Friends Who Share.
* Model Train Display provided by the Delaware County Model Railroaders on the 2nd floor of the Town Hall!
* Sunbury Lions Club will be collecting coats on the Square for the Coat Drive OR Drop off at Sunbury Cleaners off the Square on Granville St. during the holiday season.
* Live woodcarving on the Square by Dave Crego, Chainsaw Sculptor!
* Nativity scene provided by St. John Neumann Catholic Church!
* Kid's Activities & more under the big tent provided by Sunbury Christian Church!
* Ornament-making at State Farm Insurance on Vernon Street.
* Open House & Art Show at the Lex Center of Performing Arts featuring artwork from Big Walnut students.
* Open House & Fun Holiday Family Activities at Bright Beginnings Learning Academy on Commerce Drive next to Eagle Automotive.
* Holiday family photo booth, crafts & games for the little ones, hot chocolate & cider and a Christmas Tree giveaway @ Contract Processing & Title, 62 East Cherry St.
* Toy Drive to benefit Big Walnut Friends Who Share @ Berkshire Hathaway on the Square, 50 E. Granville St. - holiday treats & hot cider will be served as well!
* BWFWS Food Drive - shopping carts provided by Kroger of Sunbury will be on all 4 corners of the Square.
* Free Dance Lessons, demonstrations & open dancing @ Lindas3 on the Square from 4:00-8pm.
Following the parade:
* Tree-lighting ceremony at approximately 7:00 pm on the Square! Join Mayor Hatfield, Village Administrator Allen Rothermel and Good 'Ol Saint Nick as they officially light the Village's Christmas Tree on the Square!
* Donut Eating Contest! - Join us after the tree lighting a little after 7:00 pm for the Christmas on the Square Donut Eating Contest sponsored and presented by Table Rock Construction. Held just outside of Table Rock Construction on Cherry St. Open to the first 10 people to register. Participants must be at least 18 years of age and sign a liability waiver.
* Entry forms are available at the Chamber office, click below to print entry & liability form or register online.
donut-eating contest reg./liability form
* Ice Sculpting on the Square from 6-8pm.
* Visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus inside the Town Hall & decorate Christmas cookies with Sunbury Mayor Tommy Hatfield and his family.
* Visit Square Businesses that will be hosting individual Open Houses.
* Enjoy holiday music by DJ Meeko, carolers and dinner on the scenic Sunbury Square.
Food & Beverage Vendors
We will have food and beverage vendors lining Granville Street. They will be set up by 4:00 pm and open from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm.
Click on link below if you are a food vendor & wish to participate. Space is limited! First come, first serve.
food vendor registration/contract